Thank you for visiting our page!
The MiX Bartending Services had the wonderful opportunity to participate in a Wedding Styled Shoot with Christa Elyce Photography, and several other noted wedding vendors in the Houston area. This was such a fabulous experience, and a great opportunity! We wanted to share some of the photos from the “Mint to Be” Mojito Bar featuring Peach Mojitos in lovely Ball mason jars, and Strawberry Sour Jello Fusions, which we would love to create for your wedding! A special thanks to Christa Elyce Photography for allowing us to be a part of this shoot, and a special thanks for the additional bar styling by Recollection Vintage Rentals, Something Special in Flowers and Ellanesque Weddings! Can’t wait to do it again! Visit our Facebook page for more photos from the shoot!
First off, Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!! Oh, the joy of drinking green drinks and drinks inspired by the Irish… which is why on today, I won’t be highlighting a specific drink, but I’d like to highlight some of the great drinks you can partake in on St. Paddy’s Day! Let’s start with Green Beer! What’s St. Paddy’s Day without green beer? Green food coloring is added to your favorite beer to give it that St. Paddy’s Day flair. Even if green beer isn’t your thing, how about requesting one of your favorite Irish beers, like Guinness or Killian’s Irish Red? Another St. Paddy’s Day staple is Jameson Irish Whiskey, the “Official Drink of St. Patrick’s Day”. Enjoy a glass of Jameson on the rocks, or request a cocktail with Jameson Irish Whiskey! Plenty of bars have amended their menus, just for St. Paddy’s Day, to include green cocktails and cocktails with Jameson Irish Whiskey. Last, but not least for St. Paddy’s Day, Baileys Irish Cream. Everyone loves the rich, creamy taste of Baileys! Enjoy it on the rocks, or in a shot. And, if you’re feeling really Irish, how about an Irish Car Bomb? The Irish Car Bomb combines Guinness stout beer, Baileys Irish Cream and Jameson Irish Whiskey. The best of all 3 worlds!! Have a great time this St. Paddy’s Day, and be sure to DRINK RESPONSIBLY!!! Sláinte!!!
“Oh, it was most exhilarating! The Giants of New York took on the Patriots of New England…”, in the (slightly adjusted) words of Prince Akeem. lol Super Bowl XLV is in a couple of days, and we wanted to give a list of the Top 5 Super Bowl Party Drink Essentials. Being sure to have these drink items will ensure that everyone has a great time at your Super Bowl Party!!!
1. Beer: Really, what’s a Super Bowl Party or any athletic event viewing without beer??? Be sure to stock up on the Bud, Miller Light, Coronas, or whatever brew you and your buddies enjoy. The fellas, and some of the ladies at your party will thank you!
2. Liquor: Get the drinks flowing with a few simple highball cocktails. You know, Screwdrivers, Cape Cods, Cuba Libres, Tequila Sunrise, etc., etc. All fancy names for rum, vodka, gin, tequila and your other favorite liquors, with a juice or soda mixer. And if you want to get fancy, throw in a bottle of Ciroc Coconut with Pineapple or Jack Daniels and Coke.
3. Party Punch: Who said throwing a Super Bowl Party has to be expensive??? You can whip up a party punch with various juices, fruit and vodka, rum and/or Everclear. There are tons of easy-to-make recipes online. Party punches allow you to show your guests a good time with cocktails-on a budget.
4. Wine: I know, I know, it’s a Super Bowl Party, but wine is a great and easy drink choice to have for the ladies. All you have to do is open the bottle and enjoy! Can’t get any easier than that! You do want the ladies to have a good time as well, don’t you?
5. Non-alcoholic Drinks: Be sure to grab sodas, juice, and water for those guests who don’t, or can’t drink. They’ll be thirsty too after eating hot wings, chips and salsa. And those who are drinking can definitely use a little water after drinking beer, liquor, party punch and wine!
I hope that The MiX Bartending Services’ Top 5 Super Bowl Party Drink Essentials were helpful! Have a fun and safe time at your Super Bowl Party, and remember to DRINK RESPONSIBLY!!!
Join The MiX Bartending Services, Flowerchild’s Studio Salon, Essential Sweets by Dia and DJ Unknown for the Naughty and Nice Holiday Affair! It’s gonna be a great time of fun and merriment for the holiday season! So, grab your significant other, girlfriends and guy friends and join us for a good time! Hope to see you there!
So… I’m about 2 months late, but I didn’t want to go without blogging about the Houston Wine Fest, which was a wonderful event! My husband and I attended with The Lewis’, and we had a really good time! The admission price included 10 tasting tickets and a souvenir Houston Wine Fest stemless wine goblet. There were a variety of wines from all kinds of places around the world, but what was really cool, was the number of local Texas wineries in attendance. In fact, my favorite wine was a Pomegranate Mead (Honey Wine) from Rohan Meadery in La Grange, TX. And for those not completely sold on wine, The Houston Wine Fest also featured a Beer Garden complete with local brews like St. Arnold and No Label Brewing Co. The Beer Garden was pretty much where the husbands wanted to be for the remainder of the evening… All in all, we had a blast at the Houston Wine Fest and I can’t wait to go again next year! Kudos to Timothy Hudson, Walter Gordy and the tons of Houston Wine Fest staff members, who worked diligently to ensure the event was a success!
Last Friday, while sampling various liquors at Specs Liquor Warehouse, I came across the best gin that I’ve ever tasted, Bluecoat American Dry Gin! Bluecoat American Dry Gin was featured in GQ Magazine, and was named the #1 American Spirit by Wine Enthusiast Magazine. According to Bluecoat Gin, “the organic American citrus peels are what give Bluecoat its signature American Dry gin taste profile. The citrus blend includes sweet orange and lemon peels, as well as a third, untold citrus peel that round out the proprietary blend.” I had the joy of re-creating one of Bluecoat’s cocktail recipes for this wonderful gin, called Bees Knees, for myself, my husband and his best friend. It combines Bluecoat American Dry Gin with honey syrup and lemon juice. This cocktail is quite refreshing and delightful! If you aren’t a gin drinker, trust me, you’ll love Bluecoat American Dry Gin, and if you are a gin drinker, you should definitely add this spirit to your collection!